Hokusei Wingray -
3,150 grams with 5S1P 4000 40C battery.
Approximately 78grams/dmē - fast and penetrating!
- Electric Powered using:
- 16x10 APC 2 blade prop.
- OS Motor OMA-5020-490kv outrunner - Enough power for good aerobatics. Use Max 5S with 16x10 blade!!
- 80A Speed Controller.
- 5S1P (4000 or more) 40c+ LiPo battery. 900 Watts power available.
- No extra weight added to achieve COG. Battery adjustment used for fine tuning.
Spektrum DX7s transmitter with AR7000 receiver (full range) with
2 x HS-82MG metal gear servos, very nice and quiet, on flaperons/ailerons.
2 x Hitec 485HB Std Servos, for elevator and rudder. Both located in the fuselage skin and directly operating the control surfaces.
- Clear canopy painted light grey inside - looks great.
- Used my own motor mounting box - more sturdy than the one supplied.
- Holes drilled adjacent to the battery and into the IC exhaust chamber where the 80A controller is mounted. These holes required to provide through flow of cooling air.
- Custom breather/decorative holes added to the cowling.
- Custom breather holes added to the fuselage underside to allow cooling air out.
- Wheels and spats replaced with larger, aluminium hubbed wheels. No spats. Running off grass runway.